uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.4.0 RC3
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:20:04 GMT
Thanks, I'll create an issue for checking these files. They are
somewhere between required and convenient, but it should at least be
consistent.

Best,

Peter

Am 14.02.2016 um 22:22 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> tl;dr: no blockers: +1 for release
>
> Continued:
>
> building from SVN tag with clean Maven repo: OK
>
> installed Ruta from staged update site into Eclipse Mars: OK
>
> signature spot check on staging repository: OK
>
> release notes and issues fixed: look OK
>
> issues link: doesn't work but is not part of release ;)
> - I get "The requested filter doesn't exist or is private." when I try to access your
Jira issues link below

> compared SVN and ZIP: odd but not blocker
>
> Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/GermanNovels: .classpath
> Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/GermanNovels: .project
> Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/Misc: .project
> Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/ruta-tutorial-GermanNovels: .project
>
> If the Eclipse build metadata (.project, .classpath) files are in SVN, then I suppose
they should also be in the source ZIP.
> These settings appear to be important for the proper functioning of the example projects
- otherwise I would expect they also wouldn't be in SVN.

> When I try to "Import->Existing projects" on the example projects folder from the
sources ZIP, I get:

> - ExampleProject
> - ExtensionsExample
> - TextRulerExample
>
> Using "Import->Existing Maven projects", I get
>
> - GermanNovels
> - ruta-ep-example-extensions
> - ruta-maven-example
>
> I never get
>
> - Misc
>

> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 07.02.2016, at 19:52, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Checks:
>> - compared POMs in 2.3.0 svn tag against 2.4.0 tag: no new dependencies - OK
>> - the FirstNames.txt file in GermanNovels is quite large 90k, but no source info/license
for this file is given anywhere: doesn't seem OK
>> - stopping checks at this point for the moment
>>
>> Questions:
>> - several files in the GermanNovels resources have the first word duplicated, they
also start with a BOM - necessary?
>> - is it necessary that the GermanNovels example contains GeneratedDKPRoCoreTypes.xml
- can these not be obtained through Maven? If it is necessary, provenance information would
be good.