uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache UIMA Ruta 2.4.0 RC3
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2016 21:22:25 GMT
tl;dr: no blockers: +1 for release

Continued:

building from SVN tag with clean Maven repo: OK

installed Ruta from staged update site into Eclipse Mars: OK

signature spot check on staging repository: OK

release notes and issues fixed: look OK

issues link: doesn't work but is not part of release ;)
- I get "The requested filter doesn't exist or is private." when I try to access your Jira
issues link below

compared SVN and ZIP: odd but not blocker

Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/GermanNovels: .classpath
Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/GermanNovels: .project
Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/Misc: .project
Only in ruta-2.4.0-svn/example-projects/ruta-tutorial-GermanNovels: .project

If the Eclipse build metadata (.project, .classpath) files are in SVN, then I suppose they
should also be in the source ZIP.
These settings appear to be important for the proper functioning of the example projects -
otherwise I would expect they also wouldn't be in SVN.

When I try to "Import->Existing projects" on the example projects folder from the sources
ZIP, I get:

- ExampleProject
- ExtensionsExample
- TextRulerExample

Using "Import->Existing Maven projects", I get

- GermanNovels
- ruta-ep-example-extensions
- ruta-maven-example

I never get

- Misc

Cheers,

-- Richard

> On 07.02.2016, at 19:52, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Checks:
> - compared POMs in 2.3.0 svn tag against 2.4.0 tag: no new dependencies - OK
> - the FirstNames.txt file in GermanNovels is quite large 90k, but no source info/license
for this file is given anywhere: doesn't seem OK
> - stopping checks at this point for the moment
>
> Questions:
> - several files in the GermanNovels resources have the first word duplicated, they also
start with a BOM - necessary?
> - is it necessary that the GermanNovels example contains GeneratedDKPRoCoreTypes.xml
- can these not be obtained through Maven? If it is necessary, provenance information would
be good.