uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Moving UIMA DUCC out of the sandbox?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:30:20 GMT
Hi,

I'm +1 for moving DUCC from the Sandbox - it certainly has had a lot of time and
energy invested in multiple releases, and has been getting quite a bit of use.
I think the community would appreciate the validation of it being a regular project.

Re: formal voting - my view is that voting serves to catalyze consensus
building, and it's of course also there for legal reasons (for releases).  In
this case, it seems pretty obvious to me that there's consensus already around
moving it from the Sandbox to be a regular project; I think this is essentially
mostly an SVN move, plus some publicity when it happens (tweeting :-) , website
updating, news).

So, it's OK with me to proceed to move it in SVN.

-Marshall