uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA-AS 2.8.1 RC3
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:05:35 GMT
Thanks Marshall. Just to provide more context for the problems found

The JmDNS seems to be part of auto discovery of network of brokers via
unicast instead of hard coded URLs.  This is not part of standard uima-as
configuration we distribute. When such functionality is needed users may
download their own copy of AMQ and use that. Of course there is an issue of
having this jar documented in LICENSE and NOTICE but not present in the
distribution.

The second one jasypt is providing encryption and decryption of user
credentials per: http://activemq.apache.org/encrypted-passwords.html. I
think the lack of this jar can also be dealt with the same way as above.

Given the above I will await your vote. One way or the other I need your
vote to proceed. Seems like quality of the distribution mandates RC3 vote
down.

Jerry