uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving UIMA DUCC out of the sandbox?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:32:39 GMT
Thanks Jerry,

DUCC is not an incubator project - it is a sub-project of Apache UIMA.

My understanding that for the purposes of the ASF, DUCC is already an
integral part of the Apache UIMA project. That is reflected in the
fact that DUCC versions do not include the "incubator" marker that
ASF incubator projects have.

I believe moving the project from the sandbox spot in SVN to the
"regular" location is entirely our own decision - and that is all
that needs to be done.

On the website, DUCC is not even listed as part of the UIMA Sandbox
(https://uima.apache.org/sandbox.html) but it is rather advertised
as a proper part of UIMA under the "Scaleout Frameworks".

We can do a formal vote, but actually I think that based on the +1's we
have already and the fact that this is not an official ASF action,
you can simply move it.

@Marshall: what do you think?

Cheers,

-- Richard