uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: CasIOUtils class - some meta-questions
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 20:34:56 GMT
The save in format COMPRESSED_FILTERED only makes sense if you pass in an
additional type system to represent the "filter".

Some choices:

Disable this - throw unsupported operation exception for saving with
COMPRESSED_FILTERED until we get a real need/use-case for this. I would also do
this for COMPRESSED_FILTERED_TS. *my choice*

Otherwise, introduce another variant of save, which has an additional argument,
which is the filtering TypeSystem, and require that form be used for these two
forms.

-Marshall