uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CasIOUtils class - some meta-questions
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:25:09 GMT
After a quick look, I think the loadBinary methods could be private.

There seems to be a problem with stream handling. All methods that
internally create streams must make sure they are closed again. This
does e.g. not happen in the URL-based methods. There openStream() is
called in various places, but the stream is never closed.

Mind that the stream should usually be closed in the same method that
creates it, not in a method that you pass the stream to.

Best,

-- Richard