uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CasIOUtils class - some meta-questions
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 06:36:17 GMT
On 04.08.2016, at 17:08, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> To make this documentation correct, the impl needs some slight adjustments:
>
> The method for reading the first few bytes of input to determine the format:
> should look for XCAS format explicitly (e.g., load the first 10,000 bytes and
> search for <CAS> as the first XML element?) and maybe handle it.

+1

> Make the load with non-null TSI input work for all formats (currently silently
> ignored for xmi, xcas)

When working with XCAS/XML, I think we typically have an XML TS (and usually
no information about indexes and priorities) - rather than a CasMgrSerializer.

So we'd have to reinitialize the CAS based on the XML TS?

Or create another helper method to transform a triple of TS/Index/Prio configurations
into a CasMgrSerializer?

Cheers,

-- Richard