uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Grivolla <j+...@grivolla.net>
Subject Re: UIMA C++ / Pythonnator / UIMA-AS
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 09:18:23 GMT
We had put quite a bit of effort into using Pythonnator a few years back,
but have completely given up on it. We encountered huge portability issues
due to hard dependencies on library versions. The worst was that the SWIG
bindings would not work on a different machine with an even slightly
differing Python version.

Overall, developing in Python was much more painful that working in Java,
unfortunately. I would be very interested in a solution that actually works
smoothly.

We also tried to find Ed Loper's tools to at least access serialized CASes
from Python, but were never able to locate a copy.

Best,
Jens