uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: "Standard" UIMA typesystem
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 15:58:47 GMT
Hi Jörn,

I think people really want to understand the details about why:

a) you are forced to use JCas just because an AE is using it (I assume you must
mean, outside of that AE).   Other AEs don't need to use the JCas, so I'm
misunderstanding something I think, about your point.

b) why JCas isn't acceptable (specifics?).  I understand wanting APIs that allow
"dynamic" specifications of types, which UIMA has in its plain CAS APIs. It
sounds like you see no benefit from what I'll call "compile-time" static typing
style of APIs, which the JCas implies; is that what we're discussing?

Thanks again for your input!

-Marshall