uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: planned deletion of some old version of uimaj-sdk docs on website
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2016 20:49:34 GMT
re: reducing number of versions on the primary downloads page - good suggestion,
now done.

re: Bintray - I'm currently +0 (busy working on other priorities, and perhaps
our other statistics can fill in...)

-Marshall

> But I'd be all in favor of reducing the number of versions on the primary downloads page,
i.e. to the latest versions of the respective packages (UIMAJ, UIMA-AS, uimaFIT, Ruta etc.).

> I understand that there is interest in keeping links to a few older versions on the primary
page because not all packages are compatible with each other in their latest version... but
maybe this can be solved in a more "local" fashion e.g. providing a link to the UIMAJ 2.6.0
next to the UIMACPP version only...

> Do we really need to have like 4 versions of UIMAJ alone there?
>
> Also: are you still interested in distributing artifacts through Bintray?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Richard
>
>> On 30.08.2016, at 20:35, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>>
>> hmmm, good point.
>>
>> The one thing that might be saved: checking out the uima-website (which gives
>> you a working copy of everything, unless you dig thru the manual and figure out
>> how to limit things...)
>>
>> -Marshall
>>

>> On 8/30/2016 2:18 PM, Richard Eckart de Castilho wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> hm, unlink them from the overview but still keep them around? It's not like we
are going to save any kind of space by deleting anything.