uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1762163 - /uima/uimaj/branches/experiment-v3-jcas/uimaj-core/src/main/java/org/apache/uima/cas/SelectFSs.java
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2016 19:41:14 GMT
On 26.09.2016, at 21:37, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I see with this update that you converted javadoc style comments to // style.
>
> Was this to get these out of the javadocs?

Eclipse was showing some warnings about undocumented parameters and the comments had not been
JavaDoc anyway.

> For that purpose, it might look a bit better to use the
>
> /* (single *) ... */ style?

Would have been an option. I was actually doing that and then I decided against it for economy
of space and because

// -------------------
// Text
// -------------------

looks imho better than

/* -------------------
 * Text

but really... I don't care ;) If you have specific preferences, just change it again.

> Anyway, I'm in complete agreement that the Javadocs for these are missing and
> need to be written :-).  I had these other comments as an internal placeholder
> while the APIs got worked out, because once the javadocs go in, the file expands
> to the point where it's hard to see things IMHO :-).

Sure ;)

Cheers,

-- Richard