uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject UIMA v3 and refactoring Resource implementation
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 14:15:43 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a timeline/roadmap for UIMA v3.

I think that the external/shared resources could really use some
makeover, meaning that they should support the normal configuration
parameter concepts and not just single strings. This could be (1) quite
some work and could (2) break backwards compatibility. As for (1), it
could be realistic that I (or someone else here at Averbis) implement it
or help to implement it, but most likely not this year. As for (2), this
is probably rather reasonable for UIMA v3, which introduces a second
time constraint.

Are there any opinions on the current state of the resources? Does
anyone use them at all?

I often heard someone or myself say that they lack some expected
functionality. I assume that DKPro Core does not care as they solved it
without resources, right?

Best,

Peter