uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about uimaFIT impl of select following / preceding
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2016 21:48:13 GMT
The idea was to obtain annotations that precede the "pos" annotation
in terms of offsets. So if you superimpose the "pos" annotation
and another candidate annotation "c" on the text, then "c" and "pos"
should not overlap.

I think the annotation so far has been mostly (probably exclusively) used
on annotations that to not overlap (e.g. Token). I think selectPreceding
in uimaFIT has a bug here - as you point out - that while iterating
backwards, the end position of the annotations are not checked before
including them in the result set.

Cheers,

-- Richard