uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: "Standard" UIMA typesystem
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 12:37:02 GMT
How should this be solved/improved? I do not see it.

You have either generic analysis engines with parameters for the types,
or the analysis engine knows the types and depends on it, regardless if
you use CAS or JCas.

Isn't that the thing with static typed feature structures? If you have
Java code that depends on a class hierarchy, you are stuck with that
hierarchy. (I hope this discussion won't go in a direction that
dynamically typed programming languages are  better)

I probably do not understand the motivation. Can you give me an example?

Best,

Peter