uima-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UIMA and Spark (was Re: opinion on degree of backwards compatibility for Uima V3 experiment)
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 21:36:07 GMT
Today you can use Uima AEs fully encapsulated in a Spark function without
much effort.

I think it would be nice if as a user I could just use the CAS with Spark
like I showed in the example. This is probably not very difficult to
achieve.

Jörn

On Sep 9, 2016 18:50, "Richard Eckart de Castilho" <rec@apache.org> wrote:

On 09.09.2016, at 11:38, Joern Kottmann <kottmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the best way to answer this question is to write a few fully
working
> simple examples which use UIMA 2 and different Hadoop frameworks,
> e.g. MapReduce, Spark, etc. and see how we can make it a pleasure to use
> UIMA with those.

Some time back, Philip Ogren has produced some nice high-level slides on
UIMA + Spark:

https://spark-summit.org/2014/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/
Leveraging-UIMA-in-Spark-Philip-Ogren.pdf

Cheers,

-- Richard