uima-dev mailing list archives

From Joern Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Standard" UIMA typesystem
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:11:18 GMT
A very good reason to use a framework like UIMA is that we can reuse
components
and don't have to build everything from scratch (if I have to do that I
don't need UIMA these days).

To be able to reuse a component it must work with multiple type systems or
can easily be adapted
to a custom type system.

I am personally think the convenience the JCas brings is outweighed many
times by all the complexity
and disadvantages which come with it, e.g. code generation step, having
extra special classes and mostly impossible
to reuse the written code.

Jörn