uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: UIMA v3 and refactoring Resource implementation
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2016 16:02:19 GMT
Thanks for starting this thread.  It would be good to collect the missing things
people would like to see in external/shared resources.

1) support configuration parameters the same way Annotators do.

2) ...

Re: timeline for v3 - my guess is we'll need a "beta" release - one where it's a
release, but users are aware some APIs might get changes, as it gets some usage
that might reveal some design flaws we want to fix.  The beta might be early in
2017, and depending on how that goes, have a real release later in 2017.

-Marshall