uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Additional material for Ruta
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 08:31:37 GMT
Hi,

I am currently wondering about the best way to provide additional
material for Ruta. Normally, I would say that it is hosted, e.g., in the
example-projects sub folder in the ruta reactor, but Apache
license/principles make it sometime harder than it has to be.

There are two current cases:

1. I like to create a new example how Ruta is able to interact with
DKPro Core in a well set-up maven project, e.g., in a new
german-novel-ner example. However, I do not want to restrict the
dependencies just so that the hosting at Apache is not problematic. Also
the example data is not compatible with the ASL 2.0.

2. Last year, I spent a lot of time thinking about the best way people
can learn Ruta. This resulted (this year) in a set of units with
exercises that we use in-house to train my colleagues. After some months
now, I am pleased with the learning effect and convinced that this is
the correct way to learn Ruta. It looks like I will get the OK of my
boses to contribute the material to the comunity. The training material
consists of a docbook (-> pdf) with the description of the exercises, an
Eclipse workspace containing simple Ruta projects for most exercises
where some initial stuff is already given, an Eclipse workspace with
solutions for most exercises, and an Eclipse installation with the Ruta
Workbench installed. The docbook would not be a problem to host here,
but I don't know if the workspaces are that suitable. (And one unit
contains data that is not compatible with the ASL 2.0).

My current guess is to create a github project containing  the project
and workspaces with separate notice/license. I would add the docbook to
the ruta trunk and add links to the github project (problematic?). But
what about the Eclsipe installation?

I am not yet convinced.

Advice and opinions are very welcome.

Best,