uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: Additional material for Ruta
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 14:48:13 GMT
Hi,

Am 09.09.2016 um 16:39 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
> I don't think it is a problem to have dependencies on artifacts that
> are not following the Apache policy as long as no release artifact
> is created that includes these dependencies. So as long as you don't plan
> to release the examples along with all their dependencies, you should
> be fine.

Hmm, you are right, I can add a dependency to Stanford CoreNLP GPL, but
I do not have a good feeling about that.

> Regarding data, you could download is automatically as part of the example
> instead of hosting it on the Apache infrastructure. Should also solve the
> problem.

It is not that easy, e.g., there is no downloadable archive or it is
annotated in XMIs.

> Regarding DocBook... you might find it interesting to have a look at
> AsciiDoctor. Eclipse Neon has some preview support for it, there is
> a nice maven plugin to render it to HTML and PDF as part of a build,
> and it is *much* less verbose then DocBook. Personally, I started
> liking to write documentation again after abandoning DocBook for Asciidoctor.
> There is also a nice feature in it that allows to pull parts of sources
> into the documentation. So instead of repeating example code, you can
> pull it out of the actual example code into the documentation. And if
> you have unit tests for your example code, then you can make quite sure
> that your documentation examples are actually working.

I am used to DocBook and there is no reason for me to switch since the
text is already written.

You can inlude code in Docbook. The documentation of our analysis
engines that are implemented in Ruta contains also the actual rules
(which are automatically included).

Peter