uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: question on uimaFIT following and preceding
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 21:45:00 GMT
Here's a (maybe) alternative use case which may want a different solution.

The implementation of following and preceding was thought of in the context of
an AnnotationIndex.
But it *could* be designed to apply to any sorted index.

In another case, you might be iterating over a sorted index on Annotations, but
which didn't use begin and end keys, but something else.

In these alternative cases, there may be no begin and end, but just some other
key or keys, used to determine a sort order.

The most general implementation for following and preceding would just do a
positioning, using the sort order, and then iterate from that point.

I suppose that would be "cleaner" and more general.

WDYT?

-Marshall (stirring up trouble as usual)