uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: CAS Pool
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 02:35:00 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for posting the release and the cause of the NullPointerException.

The release looks to be a not-yet-released version of the development currently
being done for the next version of cTakes.  I looked at the current "trunk"
version for that module in SVN.

I can't be sure (because you are running with a -SNAPSHOT which gets replaced
all the time as development occurs on the Trunk), but if the code in SVN matches
what you're running, then the problem is on this line:

String[] output = out.split("\\|");

Getting a NullPointerException happens if "out" is null.

"out" is set in the previous line:

String out = lvgCmd.MutateToString(word);

I don't know about cTakes code, so you should best take up this analysis further
with them, to try and see why the MutateToString returned a null result.
Please ask your question on the cTakes mailing list.  At this point UIMA is only
reporting the error that occurred there.

-Marshall