uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: uima v3 logging
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 13:57:09 GMT
On 02.02.2017, at 17:16, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> 3) For Annotators, the base class they extend is augmented with getLogger() and
> getSlf4jLogger(); these return either the UIMA logger or an SLF4j logger with
> the name of the Annotator implementation class. getLogger() is just shorthand
> for the existing getContext().getLogger() api.

It would be nice to make sure that a getLogger() method added to the UIMA core
base classes would not clash with the one that the uimaFIT base-classes already
provide - or if not, then it means that indeed uimaFIT needs to move to UIMA v3
meaning the discussion we had about setting up builds simultaneously against v2
and v3 would become obsolete at least for uimaFIT.

-- Richard