uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject insight into this issue involving NullPointerException in cTakes
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2017 16:27:11 GMT
Hi,

We have a thread over on the UIMA dev list, under the subject "CAS Pool", by
shahid ashraf.

He's getting a "null" returned in cTakes code in the lvg annotator (which leads
to a NullPointerException), where it calls lvgCmd.MutateToString(word).

This apparently works for him when running single threaded, but fails when
running multiple threads in parallel.

When I looked at this, I saw the MutateToString code seems to call 3rd party
code from the NIH library.

Is it possible cTakes or this library doesn't like being called on multiple threads?

-Marshall