uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject improving semantic versioning checking in our builds
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 15:12:30 GMT
The semver checker we use ( https://github.com/jeluard/semantic-versioning )
says on it's github:

/This library is in dormant state and won't add any new feature. You might want
to consider japicmd <https://github.com/siom79/japicmp> instead./

I looked at the referenced link, and it looks a lot better - it has support for
multiple kinds of checking, and produces nice reports with all the details of
changes.

See for example the configuration example here:
https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/blob/master/src/site/markdown/MavenPlugin.md
and notice the variety of kinds of checks:

|<breakBuildOnModifications> <breakBuildOnBinaryIncompatibleModifications>
<breakBuildOnSourceIncompatibleModifications>
<breakBuildBasedOnSemanticVersioning> <breakBuildIfCausedByExclusion>
<onlyBinaryIncompatible>|

Perhaps we should switch to using this one.  What do others think?

-Marshall