uima-dev mailing list archives

From <Christopher.Sch...@t-systems.com>
Subject UIMA AS 2.8.1 Bug: Service does not exit after quiesce via JMX
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2017 09:57:03 GMT
Hi all,

I think the functionality to quiesce a deployed AE via JMX is not implemented correctly.

I did the following steps:

-          Deploy AE via shell script

-          Enable JMX monitor by passing parameters to JVM -Duima.jmx.monitor.interval=60000
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8009 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false

-          Connect via JConole and navigate to org.apache.uima -> ee.jms.service ->
<Your Annotator Name> Uima EE Service -> Controller -> Operations

-          Run operation completeProcessingAndStop()

Result:

-          The Java process does not exit correctly, because the JMXMonitor thread is still
running

Reason:

-          If you quiesce the service via console q + ENTER or s + ENTER the method stopMonitor
in class UIMA_Service is explicit executed

-          If you quiesce the service via JMX and running operation StopNow() a System.exit(0)
is executed, which kills the JMXMonitor thread

-          If you run operation completeProcessingAndStop() via JMX the JMXMonitor thread
is not closed and this is the reason for the bug.

I hope this information will help you to test the behavior. Please feel free to contact me
for further details and questions.

Regards,
Christopher Schulz.