uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc2
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 06:42:00 GMT
Hi,

Yes, the newer Iterator/ListIterator stuff will allow some nice
improvements in ruta, I think :-)

The first class that implemented FSIteratorImplBase is
org.apache.uima.ruta.RutaStream.

There is actually no reason now why it has to implement it, and I also
removed it in ruta-v3. The class is on top of my todo list and will be
reimplemented when I find the time. It implemented the iterator for
legacy/historical reasons. The version of textmarker (ruta) before it
was adapted to UIMA used this class as some sort of filtered iterator on
annotations. Therefore I chose to implement the UIMA iterator when I
migrated it to UIMA. (My UIMA knowledge was quite limited in 2007)

The second class is org.apache.uima.ruta.rule.AnnotationListFSIterator.
This class is a mock of an iterator based on a simple list of annotations.

The wildcard rule element operates on an FSIterator in order to identify
the match of the next rule element in order to determine its own match
range. If the next rule element macthes on an a FSArray feature of an
annotation, I need some wrapper class fulfilling the FSIterator
interface based on a list (FSArray). I think I will refactor the code
using the ListIterator interface in future. Right now,
AnnotationListFSIterator implements the remaining methods with a
NotImplementedException.

So, its all fine from the ruta side.

Best,

Peter

Am 08.09.2017 um 22:18 schrieb Marshall Schor:
> I'm curious whether the newer iterator things in v3 address the use case you
> extended FSIteratorImplBase for.  Can you point to some code that is doing this
> extension or some other info about it?
>
> Thanks. -Marshall
>

> On 9/8/2017 3:02 AM, Peter Klügl wrote:
>> I think the problem was caused by a bug in the old beta rc and the jar
>> was not replaced by the staged artifact.
>>

>> Now, I face compile errors because I have two classes that extend the
>> old FSIteratorImplBase but do not implement the getter on the comparator
>> yet. Should we take care of some sort of backward-compatability on
>> compile level here? (I don't know)
>>

>> I must admit that I lost the overview of all the changes in v3. A lot to
>> catch up on...
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> Am 07.09.2017 um 21:06 schrieb Marshall Schor:
>>> ok, let me know if I can help... -Marshall

April 2017, due