uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: I'm (hopefully) getting very close to trying a v3.0.0 beta release
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2017 14:48:07 GMT
One thing I've thought of to do before beta:

Go thru the public (not internal) APIs, and "rationalize" them.

This means:

1) keeping the old ones (for backwards compatibility)

2) making the new ones in the proper places, with some "duplication" for
convenience.  For instance, since the Annotator base impl classes come in two
styles (JCas and CAS), it makes sense to me to have new functionality available
on both the CAS and JCas interfaces.  But it probably doesn't make sense (for
example) to put new functionality on both the CAS and FSIndexRepository APIs,
since these are one-to-one, and is very likely that all users of the
FSIndexRepository will have a CAS (or JCas) object handy.

-Marshall