uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: testing uv3 with ...?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:45:56 GMT
On 10.10.2017, at 22:03, Richard Eckart de Castilho <rec@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09.10.2017, at 16:35, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think this will need a test case - can you provide one?
>
> I can see the extended error message and will try to produce a reduced unit test.
>
> org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException: Deserializing Compressed Form 6, a type code:
71 has no corresponding type. currentFsId: 1 nbrFSs: 0 nextFsAddr: 1
> 	at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.BinaryCasSerDes6.deserializeAfterVersion(BinaryCasSerDes6.java:1812)
> 	at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.BinaryCasSerDes.reinit(BinaryCasSerDes.java:594)
> 	at org.apache.uima.util.CasIOUtils.load(CasIOUtils.java:382)
> 	at org.apache.uima.util.CasIOUtils.load(CasIOUtils.java:344)

This seems to happen only when CasIOUtils.load(casInputStream, aCAS, typeSystem) is used.
I tried to set up a minimal test which serializes a CAS into one byte-array for the contents
and a second one for the type system, then deserializes this into a new CAS using the
method above. However, this doesn't seem to trigger the problem. So it might be related
to the fact that in the failing DKPro Core test, there are also two collection reader components
and an analysis engine (actually a writing component) involved.

I'll try to expand the test until it fails. If you have any additional pointers, please
let me know.

Cheers,

-- Richard