uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: testing uv3 with ...?
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 08:18:37 GMT
Hi,

I have also started testing some of our component repositories with uima v3.

Here are some first observations:

- Some new exceptions are thrown when a method is used in a wrong way,
e.g, annotation.setFeatureValueFromString() with a feature defined for a
different type. That's totally fine.

- Many tests failed because mocking objects of JCas cover classes did
not work anymore, e.g., someting like "Token tokenMock =
Mockito.mock(Token.class);" This is now fixed with the latest changed in
SNAPSHOT

- Some strange exceptions are thrown for tests including a specific type
system:

org.apache.uima.UIMARuntimeException: An internal error occurred, please
report to the Apache UIMA project; nested exception if present: {0}
    at org.apache.uima.internal.util.Misc.assertUie(Misc.java:585)
    at org.apache.uima.internal.util.Misc.internalError(Misc.java:594)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCas(FSClassRegistry.java:499)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCasAndSubtypes(FSClassRegistry.java:370)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCasAndSubtypes(FSClassRegistry.java:426)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCasAndSubtypes(FSClassRegistry.java:426)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCasAndSubtypes(FSClassRegistry.java:426)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.maybeLoadJCasAndSubtypes(FSClassRegistry.java:426)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.loadJCasForTSandClassLoader(FSClassRegistry.java:325)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FSClassRegistry.getGeneratorsForClassLoader(FSClassRegistry.java:875)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.TypeSystemImpl.getGeneratorsForClassLoader(TypeSystemImpl.java:2634)
    at
org.apache.uima.cas.impl.TypeSystemImpl.commit(TypeSystemImpl.java:1382)
    at org.apache.uima.cas.impl.CASImpl.commitTypeSystem(CASImpl.java:1529)
    at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.doCreateCas(CasCreationUtils.java:613)
    at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.createCas(CasCreationUtils.java:362)
    at
org.apache.uima.util.CasCreationUtils.createCas(CasCreationUtils.java:313)
    at
org.apache.uima.fit.factory.JCasFactory.createJCas(JCasFactory.java:118)

The line calling the JCasFactory looks like "jCas =
JCasFactory.createJCas("TestTypeSystem");" where TestTypeSystem.xml is a
valid description in src/test/resources, which could however be
incompatible with type systems found by uimaFIT's classpath scanning.
And it contains definitions incompatible to the generated JCas cover
classes on the classpath.

Best,

Peter