uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: managing multiple version streams
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 18:26:22 GMT
By changing the "package names" - do you mean Java package names?
  e.g., we have org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework (class);
  what might be an alternative package name?

Or do you mean a different maven coordinate "group" name?

org.apache.uima  :  uimaj-core   : 3.0.0
    (group)      : (artifact-id) : version

-Marshall

> If we change the artifact IDs, then IMHO we should also change the package names. That
would allow multiple versions to co-exist. If we just change the artifactIds and not the packages,
then Maven could end up adding multiple artifacts with overlapping and incompatible packages
to the classpath.

> DKPro Core and WebAnno are both maintaining multiple versions in parallel. We're using
GIT here, but I assume the general strategy we use could also be applied to SVN:

> - there is a "master" branch (i.e. svn trunk) which contains the very latest version.
In terms of