uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMAv3 & WebAnno
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 22:35:30 GMT
On 16.01.2018, at 20:08, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Project build error: Non-resolvable import POM: Could not find artifact
> de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core:de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core-asl:pom:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> Is it reasonable for me to try to build and test this myself, or does doing that
> entail needing a lot of infrastructure setup, etc. that would be unreasonable to
> try to do?

Thanks for try to have a look at this!

It should be pretty straight-forward to run WebAnno without much infrastructure
(unless there are bugs). I'd say it is worth try.

Before you try, please pull the latest changes from the WebAnno "feature/4.0.x/issue800-uima-v3"
branch:
- I have just (hopefully) fixed a problem that prevented starting up with the embedded database.
- I have also added a repository declaration for the DKPro Core 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT artifacts

The easiest way to run is is locating the class "de.tudarmstadt.ukp.clarin.webanno.webapp.WebAnno"
in the "webanno-webapp" module and running that as a Java application. WebAnno will start
up using
an embedded database and an embedded web server. One it has started, you should be able to
access it
at http://localhost:8080 and should be able to log in as user "admin" with password "admin".

You can download a demo project here: https://webanno.github.io/webanno/examples/demo-en.zip
When you download it, make sure that your browser does not automatically extract the archive.

This ZIP includes serialized CASes amongst other data that makes up a WebAnno project.

To import it, go to the "Project" page in WebAnno and under "Import project", activate the

"create missing users" checkbox and choose the demo-en.zip file from you local disk drive.

After the import, go back to the main page via the "Home" link and then choose "Annotation".
One the annotation page, choose a document from the project you have just imported.

Most likely at this point, you should see if there are any CAS loading problems.

I hope that you reach this point without trouble and curious what might lie beyond it.

If you don't have the leisure to try it out: I have it on my todo list... but it might
take until end of the month until I actually get to it. Sorry for being a bit slow.

Cheers,

-- Richard