uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMAv3 & WebAnno
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 21:37:09 GMT

> On 17.01.2018, at 22:12, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:
>
> I put in an exclude for the slf4j-log4j12, and went to the next issue:
>
> Tests in webanno-io-tsv fail.  The first one is failing here:
> WebAnnoTsv2ReaderWriterTest, line  65 (runPipeLine(reader, writer).
>
> It fails because it's updating an "end" value for an annotation that's already
> in the index, causing the message which follows.
> UIMA normally recovers from these things, but a global flag was configured:
> "uima.exception_when_fs_update_corrupts_index".
>
> System.getProperty("uima.exception_when_fs_update_corrupts_index")
>      (java.lang.String) true
>
> I can't see where this is being set, though.  Any ideas?  Is the updating of the
> annotation:end while the item is indexed, the way it is designed to work?

This is set in DkproTestContext which is included in many tests as a JUnit @Rule.

Again, I likely didn't notice this because I only did an Eclipse build on this
branch, not a Maven build. The presently maintained versions of WebAnno still
depend on DKPro Core 1.7.0 which did not set this property - so we never hit
this so far.

Again, I'll have a look at it.

Sorry, I sure hoped you'd have a smoother experience doing this build. But
you know... you're a bit beyond the bleeding edge on the WebAnno and DKPro Core
branches that use UIMAv3 ;)

Cheers,

-- Richard