uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: UIMAv3 & WebAnno
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 21:42:49 GMT
On 18.01.2018, at 17:47, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> How would you recommend fixing this?
>  - update the reference file to include the indentifier (might be many other
> cascading changes needed?)
>  - remove the "identifier" feature from the
> de.tudarmstadt.ukp.dkpro.core.api.ner.type.NamedEntity ?
>     (but probably will break something, assuming it was added for a reason! :-) )

The identifier feature was added after DKPro Core 1.7.0 and it is to be used
for entity linking (i.e. connecting a named entity with some canonical concept
URI).

I am updating all the test reference data to include the identifier feature.

Actually, the better approach would be to use a dedicated type system for the
TSV test suite - but that entails even more refactoring at the moment, so I
am pushing that off to the future.

-- Richard