uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] uimaj-3.0.0 rc4
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2018 22:05:32 GMT
Compared SVN tag to source release: OK
Build from source release with empty repo: OK
Spot checked release notes: OK
Spot checked issues list: OK
Spot checked signature: OK
Built uimaFIT 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT against the RC: OK
Built DKPro Core 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT against the RC: OK
- Actually I had a strange effect that enabling V2_PRETTY_PRINT did not work
  in two specific cases, but I assume the cause does not lie in the RC

Testing (again) with WebAnno...

Looks like methods like org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FeatureStructureImplC.getFeatureValue(Feature)
(still?) do not check if the returned value actually is valid for the method. E.g.
I can call this method for "Annotation:end" and no exception is thrown despite
this being an integer feature and not a FS feature.

  @Override
  public TOP getFeatureValue(Feature feat) {
    if (IS_ENABLE_RUNTIME_FEATURE_VALIDATION) featureValidation(feat);
    return _getFeatureValueNc((FeatureImpl) feat);
  }

According to the documentation, a CASRuntimeException should be thrown:
 * If there is a typing violation, i.e., if <code>feat</code> is not defined for
 * the type of this FS, or the range type of <code>feat</code> is Float, Integer
or
 * String.

I think we came across this earlier... so is it intentional or forgotten?

Cheers,

-- Richard