uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] uimaj-3.0.0 rc4
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:48:27 GMT
Hi Richard,

Once again, thanks for your testing :-)

Well,  it looks like I fixed the setters and getters for the various non-FS
types, but forgot to include a fix for the feature structure value type.
This will need a new fix.

I'm happy to do another RC, but if others think this is not worth delaying the
release, then we can add this for the next official release.
Personally, I'm kind of a perfectionist, so would like to fix this and do
another RC, but I'm aware that others spend some time doing testing of each RC...
Please weigh in (if you think it's OK to have another RC, or if you think this
is too minor, and ought to be shifted to the next release).

-Marshall

> Compared SVN tag to source release: OK
> Build from source release with empty repo: OK
> Spot checked release notes: OK
> Spot checked issues list: OK
> Spot checked signature: OK
> Built uimaFIT 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT against the RC: OK
> Built DKPro Core 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT against the RC: OK
> - Actually I had a strange effect that enabling V2_PRETTY_PRINT did not work
>   in two specific cases, but I assume the cause does not lie in the RC
>
> Testing (again) with WebAnno...
>
> Looks like methods like org.apache.uima.cas.impl.FeatureStructureImplC.getFeatureValue(Feature)
> (still?) do not check if the returned value actually is valid for the method. E.g.
> I can call this method for "Annotation:end" and no exception is thrown despite
> this being an integer feature and not a FS feature.
>
>   @Override
>   public TOP getFeatureValue(Feature feat) {
>     if (IS_ENABLE_RUNTIME_FEATURE_VALIDATION) featureValidation(feat);
>     return _getFeatureValueNc((FeatureImpl) feat);
>   }
>
> According to the documentation, a CASRuntimeException should be thrown:
>  * If there is a typing violation, i.e., if <code>feat</code> is not defined
for
>  * the type of this FS, or the range type of <code>feat</code> is Float,
Integer or