uima-dev mailing list archives

From "Fox, David" <david....@optum.com>
Subject uimaj 3, UIMA AS, and UIMA C++
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:11:26 GMT
I know I’ve asked these questions before, but after a while in which my UIMA plans have been
on hold, they may be becoming active again, and I thought maybe things are clearer now that
uimaj-3.0.0 has reached rc4:

1.  Is there a plan or timeframe for a UIMA AS version of uimaj-3?  (As I understand it, UIMA
AS 2 contains its own fork of uimaj-2, rather than being a separate framework)

2.  Is uimaj-3 compatible with the latest UIMA C++ (2.4)?   If not, is there a plan or timeframe
for a new release of UIMA C++ which would be compatible?

3.  assuming there are or will be one or more versions of UIMA C++ which would be compatible
with uimaj-3, would it/they be compatible with the uimaj-3 support for serializing arbitrary
Java objects, or would compatibility be limited to CASes or type systems containing only types
which were supported in UIMA 2?

Thanks,
David