uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [External Sender] Re: shall we start a UIMA blog?
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:03:04 GMT
I'll try and post some info about this on some section of the website.

The type system for UIMA has an "optional" connection to Java objects.
>From your query, should I assume you've created JCas classes corresponding to
(some of) the UIMA types?

In v2, each UIMA type that had equivalent JCas class, had two classes, named
following a naming convention where the UIMA type was the JCas class name, for
one, and the other was the same with a suffix of "_Type".
In v3, the 2nd class (with the name ending in _Type) is no longer used or needed.

The details of the JCas implementation changes between v2 and v3, but the
user-facing APIs are the same.

Can you say more about what kind of best practices you're looking for?  Do you
have a simple example to share? That will help guide the discussion.

-Marshall

On 4/24/2018 9:46 AM, Osborne, John D wrote:
> I'd like to see a blog or any other information about v3 - specifically best practices
around navigating the relationship/migration between the (old?) type system and java objects,
the latter of which may already have an ORM to a relational database.