uima-dev mailing list archives

From Yuqi Zhang <zhang.yuq...@gmail.com>
Subject CAS and Serialization on Emoji codes
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:50:36 GMT
Dear UIMA experts,

I need process a String including an emoji 😊(
https://www.iemoji.com/view/emoji/2/smileys-people/smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes
).
I put the string "This is a 😊" in a CAS, and sendCAS(cas) to a remote
server.
But it failed at addMessage(msg) at line 971 in class
BaseUIMAAsynchronousEngineCommon_impl with the error message:

javax.jms.JMSException: Failed to build body from content. Serializable
class not available to broker. Reason: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
Forbidden class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException! This class is not trusted to
be serialized as ObjectMessage payload.

When I check the serialization result of the cas in the msg, I see the 😊
is encoded as "&#55357;&#56842;".
Is that the reason this CAS sent failed?
Because this emoji 😊 can be processed without any problem in my another
codes where calls the sendAndReceiveCAS(). The serialization result there
is "&#128522;".
How does it happen?
Besides the sofa content, is there any other factors to affect the
serialization result?

I am a newer to UIMA. And I have read the UIMA references about the
serialization and cas sections. But still have no idea how I could make 😊
surely serialized into "&#128522;"

Many thanks for any feedback!
Best regards,
Yuqi Zhang