uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Git struggles, basics
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 20:45:19 GMT
just curious, why doesn't this work:

1) clone project to local pc
2) create branch, make updates
3) commit changes
4) create a pull request for that commit

Is it because with this approach, my pull request would somehow need to
reference my clone on my local pc which others of course don't have access to?
I kind of thought the pull request would "encapuslate" all the info it needed,
sort of like a patch.

For this particular case, what I did was:
1) clone project to local pc
2) create branch, make updates
3) make a "git"-style "patch" and attach the patch to the Jira.

:-) Cheers. -Marshall