uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Git struggles, basics
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 19:48:14 GMT
I asked INFRA a while back about this. What I understood from their answer is that:

git-wip-us are Apache-hosted GIT repos that are *not* integrated with GitHub.

gitbox essentially offers an integration of GitHub with the ASF infrastructure, i.e. mirroring
of the GitHub repo on the ASF servers, sending commit notifications to the ASF project's mailing
lists, hooking up with Jira, etc. That allows to make use of the social coding features from
GitHub while meeting the provenance tracking requirements of the ASF.

I believe that people adopting Git at ASF nowadays probably all use the gitbox approach.

Cheers,

-- Richard