uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: uimaj-eclipse-update-site vs ruta-eclipse-update-site maven build config
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2019 14:32:20 GMT
the difference between these:

(looking at uima v2)

The uimaj-eclipse-update-site could have used the common build pom for the step
"BuildUpdateSite-pack-svnget-buildMetadata-commit-to-dev"

except for one "improvement", which was done after the uima-wide pom release 12
happened.

This is the bit that tests dropPrevVersions:
line 153: <equals arg1="${dropPrevVersions}" arg2="false" />

It allows a programmatic way to skip checking out previous versions when you
want to "clean up" the eclipse update site for your project. For uima v3, this
was used to support a different update site for those plugins.

I'm guessing you won't need this, though.

You do need the rest of the config in the eclipse-update-site, of course, which
configures what features/plugins go into the site.

See also https://uima.apache.org/dev-eclipse-plugin-archiving

-Marshall