uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 RC3
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2019 09:46:03 GMT
On 22. Feb 2019, at 15:40, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> You can do this by going to the install-new-software dialog, clicking on "Manage".
> This shows a screen Available Software Sites.  There's an "add" button, and
> there you can add https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site

I'm not sure, but I had the feeling that Eclipse update sites might support
something like referrals saying that some artifacts are in another repository
which would then be added automatically. At least when installing (non-UIMA)
plugins in the past, I had the feeling that new update sites automagically
appeared in the list.

Anyway, fixing this for the situation of a release candidate probably wouldn't
make much sense - and once released, the artifacts are on the same site anyway,
so it doesn't really matter.

If we accept this as the normal behavior, then it is absolutely fine for me.

Cheers,

-- Richard