uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 RC3
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 19:20:37 GMT
Thanks for reviewing :-)

Am 22.02.2019 um 13:35 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:

> Checked signature and hash on sources artifact: OK
>

> Spot checked diff between RC2 and RC3: OK (with comments)
>
>    There are various whitespace-only changes which make files to
>    appear having changes which do not or having more changes than
>    required. Might consider adding checkstyle and auto-save actions
>    in Eclipse e.g. to remove trailing whitespace and to ensure
>    consistent use of spaces vs. tabs.

I have to check that, but I would guess that the changes were maybe made
by checkstyle and autosave.

> Building locally from source ZIP with Java 11: FAILS (not a blocker)
>
>    Getting these when trying when maven-invoker-plugin:2.0.0:run
>    (integration-test) @ ruta-maven-plugin is run (see log files of
>    the individual integration test runs).
>
>    [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>    [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>    [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>    [ERROR] Source option 5 is no longer supported. Use 6 or later.
>    [ERROR] Target option 1.5 is no longer supported. Use 1.6 or later.
>    [INFO] 2 errors
>
>    I would suggest to set up a Jenkins Build Job for Ruta using Java 11.

Yes, I will create a Jenkins Job. I wonder why the project built
succesfully with ##java 11 on my machine...

Best,

Peter

> Building locally from source ZIP with Java 8: OK
>

> Installing into Eclipse: OK (with comments)
>
>    Still cannot install only via https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta-2.7.0-rc3/eclipse-update-site/ruta/
>    but have to install UIMA plugins first from https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/:
>
>      Software being installed: UIMA Ruta Workbench 2.7.0 (org.apache.uima.ruta.feature.feature.group
2.7.0)
>    Missing requirement: UIMA Ruta Workbench 2.7.0 (org.apache.uima.ruta.feature.feature.group
2.7.0) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.apache.uima.tools.feature.group 2.9.0' but
it could not be found

--
Peter Klügl
R&D Text Mining/Machine Learning