uima-dev mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 RC3
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:40:01 GMT
Hi,

re:

    Still cannot install only via
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/ruta-2.7.0-rc3/eclipse-update-site/ruta/
      but have to install UIMA plugins first from
    https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site/:

The Ruta plugins depend on some of the core UIMA plugins.

The install of Ruta works (for me) without installing the core UIMA plugins first,
if I tell the Eclipse installer that there's an additional site where it can go
to find needed dependent artifacts.

You can do this by going to the install-new-software dialog, clicking on "Manage".
This shows a screen Available Software Sites.  There's an "add" button, and
there you can add https://www.apache.org/dist/uima/eclipse-update-site

     (This action doesn't load anything, it just adds the site as a place
Eclipse can look for new things.)

If this isn't working for you when done this way, that could be something to
investigate.

-Marshall