uima-dev mailing list archives

From Jaroslaw Cwiklik <uim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC2
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 18:04:56 GMT
Cancelling RC2 due to runtime issues found on the JD when running a job
(1.job) from ducc examples.

Issue#1
===========
JD throws an exception:
Feb 14, 2019 9:50:40 AM org.apache.uima.ducc.test.randomsleep.FixedSleepCR
getNext(328)
INFO: getNext
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: Annotator
class org.apache.uima.ducc.CasHelper requires Type
org.apache.uima.ducc.Workitem, which was not found in the CAS.
at org.apache.uima.ducc.CasHelper.getId(CasHelper.java:47)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.user.jd.JdUserCollectionReader._getJdUserMetaCas(JdUserCollectionReader.java:169)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.user.jd.JdUserCollectionReader.getJdUserMetaCas(JdUserCollectionReader.java:147)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:90)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.common.classloader.ContextSwitch.call(ContextSwitch.java:42)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.jd.classload.ProxyJobDriverCollectionReader.getMetaCas(ProxyJobDriverCollectionReader.java:171)
at
org.apache.uima.ducc.container.jd.cas.CasManager.getMetaCas(CasManager.java:74)

Issue#2
=========
Despite above exceptions, the JD continues to serve JP work and duccmon
shows all work as completed (15 WIs). The job shows no errors.