uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 RC2
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 08:23:50 GMT
On 13. Feb 2019, at 01:59, Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.kluegl@averbis.com> wrote:

> Here's completely personal and subjective perspective:
>
> Comparing the advantages of using this rc in contrast to waiting a bit
> longer for it for additional improvements, is in no relation at all. The
> rc provides many bug fixes and features that considerably improve the
> system. Just today, I had to rewrite rules because of a really nasty
> bug. And yesterday, I had to write inferior rules because of a missing
> feature. The improvements of another rc provide no real advantages for
> me right now personally.

I also agree with Peter about the effort/impact relation.

I agree with Marshall that it would be better not to have users stumble or
get the impression of bad quality / an unfinished product.

So how about as an "easy" way out to simply delete the examples which
do not work out-of-the-box and open JIRAs to fix them at some later point.

I'm +1 to the release except for the examples. I probably have +1ed
in past releases when I didn't bother trying to import them...

-- Richard