uima-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Klügl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release UIMA Ruta 2.7.0 RC1
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 17:17:10 GMT
Hi,

Am 01.02.2019 um 17:07 schrieb Marshall Schor:
> Are the new features / changes properly reflected in the ruta-docbook documentation?

Hmm, I do not know if I can answer this question. It depends on the
interpretation of "properly".

I tried to mention/integrate each change in the documentation. The size
of a diff is not directly proportional to the importance of a new feature.

In my opinion, examples are missing in "Learning by example" for the new
language features, but "optional" got its own section, "labels at
actions" is mentioned in the syntax section and the multiple inlined
rules in its section.

The new configuration parameters are described in the corresponding section.

There should be more documentation for the new (and also old) stuff and
users will certainly require more documentation and especially more
examples to fully utilize the features. There is also the option to
provide patches or ask for more documentation in a ticket...

I think the documentation has also a problem when comparing the
structure to its size. I noticed that users have a hard time to find
specific information in the 120 pages (or they do not even look at it).
There should maybe be more redundant descriptions in orthogonal
chapters, more examples and howtos compared to the reference.

Best,

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Klügl