uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release uimaFIT 3.0.0 rc 2
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:52:48 GMT
On 12. Apr 2019, at 16:53, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> Do you expect the MASTER branch to not be tracking the lastest updates, in your
> particular GIT workflow?  If so, can you briefly describe your workflow?

The master branch of the uimaFIT github repo tracks the 2.5.x line at the moment.
It will be updated when (if) a 2.5.0 release is prepared.

The 3.0.x branch tracks the UIMAv3 developments in general.

The "release/3.0.0" branch tracks the actual release and has a few minor changes which the
3.0.x branch does not yet have. Once the release is approved, the "release/3.0.0" branch
is merged into the 3.0.x branch to bring it up-to-date.

Both the "master" and "3.0.x" branches are protected, so I cannot push to them directly.
That is why I prepare the release on the "release/3.0.0" branch.

Makes sense?

-- Richard