uima-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Eckart de Castilho <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding "help wanted" to our main web page?
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 21:44:28 GMT
On 6. Jun 2019, at 17:21, Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com> wrote:

> I think (because all of our projects have git (read-only) repos - people are
> free to use the git style of interaction?
>
> Is this incorrect?

PRs cannot be merged in the read-only mirror. They need to be exported as patches and be applied
by a committer.

In this way, the commits in the PR will be attributed to the committer, not to the contributor
and they will not appear in the committers GitHub profile (and not count towards activity
/ fame).

So... well... kind of it can be used... in a half-cooked manner.

You could maybe try how well it works with the contributor who is currently working on UIMA-6055
- could be an interesting experiment.

-- Richard